Vintage Dairy Queen - New Smyrna Beach, FL

 


Some of my favorite things to find, when road tripping towards a mall, are unexpected things. I'll generally scan my route, and set a few pinpoints, but a lot of stuff is found as I go. And in this case, I found a wonderful old Dairy Queen. One slightly sketchy u-turn later, I was able to stop in for myself.

For the curious, they still do serve all-beef hot dogs, though a sign in the window noted they had switched to another brand because of a supply shortage, for the time being.


The star of the show is the main building, and it's wonderfully restored neon sign, oh how I'd love to see what this looks like at night. The location is fully retro, walk-up only ordering and all. To further fit that feel, the parking setup is a little bit janky, probably hacked in after this area was made less-pedestrian friendly, I imagine.


I didn't get too many photos here, so we're already at the end! We'll finish off with this picture I snapped of a Dennis The Menace themed surfboard, displayed in the side window. I wonder if it's an actual old piece of memorabilia, or a modern repro.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cruising Round The Avenue - Avenue Viera Updates, September 21, 2021

Mall Updates - Merritt Square Mall, September 5, 2021

A former Stuckey's in Nowhere Land